The steps For NC50 Honda Express 1978 Moped Performance Tuning are as follows:
- Clean and make sure everything stock is in order... then begin. (ie: clean the carb)
- Make sure good new honda nc50 battery.
- All new oils and gas.
- (supa' cheap start) Honda Moped Muffler Modification
- (got some $$$ then go straight to new pipe) : MLM Muffler Sidebleed Exhaust Pipe from treatland.tv (wait for sale :)
- Upgrade your engine CCs : Honda DR 70cc racing kit from treatland.tv
You should be around 33mph (at weight 165'ish lbs)
- Premix and remove the honda express stock oil pump
Note: 1978 nc50 has the oil mixing and going directly into the stock intake. You would need to cap off the stock intake. I have seen some people fill the old oil reservoir with pre-mix as well (run at least 50:1 mix, especially when kitted engine) and use a plastic fuel-rated "Y" connector with the main fuel line and get a little "extra" gasoline storage.
- Replace your reeds with Boyesen Dual Stage Reeds from treatland.tv
- Replace your honda express weak-ends custom nc50 intake
- Upgrade your honda express carb to a Mikuni VM 20mm carburetor
- Tune the carb (I'm still working on this one). Get some Mikuni VM 20mm jets : Mikuni main jets from treatland.tv
- (be cool and measure metrics on your noped like speed, temp, tach, etc) : Get a TrailTech Vapor
I hope to have a full "How To" video setup in the coming months. So... subscribe to me :)