So during my extensive searching online for honda express scooter modifications and performance turning, I found a YouTube poster with the screen name "bakirkwold."
The first post he made that caught my eye was when he converted his honda moped ratchet start to a full-out kick start. (by the way he mentioned he will be making a "how-to" video on that this summer) I have seen lots of requests on how to do honda scooter kick-start conversions for quite sometime.
Well, recently he posted his experience with his 1980 Honda Express moped and how he performance tuned and increased his scooter's top speed. Very impressive. Now, I have seen some documentation online about how to do some of these things, but never heard first-hand if they worked. Well, in his case... they did.
Hat's off to "bakirkwold" and I would highly suggest subscribing to his YouTube channel, because there are even better things to come. While you are at it... go ahead and subscribe to "EverydayInternetSol" channel too. I will be bringing many more "how to" videos in the coming months.
Here is bakirkwold's video:
Here is the list of honda restoration that was done to his moped:
- Cleaned up the bike
- Fixed up the rear turn signals and painted them
- Bought a left-side engine cover from Ebay
- Converted it to kick start (video coming soon)
- Fixed a broken rear brake line
- Fixed rear fender
- Fixed rear lights
- Built a honda moped headlight out of a car head light
- Made a seat
- Cleaned the carb (HOW TO VIDEO HERE)
- New piston and head
- Cleaned out the gas tank
- Converted a batter that father got from work
- Painted air box
- Spent lot of hours getting it to run
- New tires
- New points
- Lots more!